The girls have been taking dance for the last 6 months and they finally had their long awaited talent show performance. The actual talent show was a miserable waste of three and a half hours except for the 6 minutes that OUR girls performed of course. The night went on and on and on and I do not exagerrate, it took three and a half hours. At one point, Megan actually cried from being so tired and basically begged to go home. Nevertheless, she made overcame her exhaustion and she and Kali performed their two dances beautifully. They did a great job and had a good time after all.
May is, of course, the best month of the year. Besides being the un-official end of winter, it is the birth month of some really fabulous people. Speaking of which, we celebrated Kali's 9th birthday. It was a Sunday so the celebration was quiet and was with family instead of a traditional party. I think Kali loves those quiet parties anyway, she loves her cousins and aunts and uncles and she's probably invite them anyway. She opened presents, had mega-cupcakes, blew out candles and had a great day.
There was another birthday in the ORIGINAL COTTLES home. Dear old dad turned 37! Can you believe it?? If you look at my temples and see how much gray hair I have, you probably would think I'm 40, not 37! Our stake president, who knows Johanna well, made the unfortunate comment, "I can't believe she is older than you." Jen had to caution him that one more jab at my age like that might force me to get a truckload of Just for Men and get rid of that gray. Anyway, I had a great day and even received a little "love fern" from Megan-she planted it herself. Getting older is getting better, right?!?! The jury is definitely out on that....



Can you believe we have already passed Memorial Day? We spent part of our day in Boulder, Colorado for the annual Bolder Boulder road race. It is the largest 10K in the United States and we were there to watch Jen and her friends make the grand entrance into the CU Boulder stadium for the grand finish to the race. My friends Mark and Sean and I caravaned up to Boulder with our kids. We were quite a sight in the zero-population-growth-people's-republic-of-Boulder with our 13 kids in tow. We meandered through the street with our gaggle-the oldest of which is 12. When we arrived at the stadium it was a sea of people. We watched the home stretch leading to the finish line for about a half an hour but managed to miss everyone of our significant others. We didn't even catch a glimpse of anyone we knew. Watching the hoardes pass on by you would almost get motion sickness with all the heads bobbing up and down. Needless to say, it was fun to be up there amongst all those 

This past week was a pretty momentous day for Drew. He received his Arrow of Light award. For those of you non-scouters, the Arrow of Light is the highest award a cub scout can earn and is the only award that you can carry with you into the Boy Scouts. I wish I could say that Jen and I had something to do with him earning it but we didn't do squat. He has two of the best Webelos advisors parents could wish for. They helped him and provided opportunities for him to earn his arrow of light-they really made it possible. It was a proud moment as parents as he was spotlighted for his hard work in the pack meeting. 



11 comments:
what a fantastic post, trav! it's not so hard, you even put a video on here! all you have to do is sit down once a week and put SOMETHING on here :) haha.
Loved your post. I'd almost given up on looking for one as the last one went on and on and on . . . well you get the point. anyway this one really made up for void o f the last few weeks. You've had a busy month I see and the summer has just begun. We are looking forward to your visit in July. In the meantime Dad and I are getting on the "course" as often as possible. It's been great!. Mom
There are too many things to comment about. I don't even know where to start so I wont even try but it was nice to see so much fun stuff all in one post.
Awesom post! It's funny we live so close and had no idea of wat was going on with your lives. Nice job Trav!
WHAT was going on. That's what I mean.
I think I am going to have to report you to Child Protective Services. Looks like you are depriving Drew of nourishment! Just kidding, that was an excellent post. Must be the age and experience.
ok - where's the "month of june" blog?
Travis, I am just getting into this blogging thing, so don't feel bad. I do like taking a peek into your life for brief moment to catch up. Great job! Especially since it is you doing it. My heart will skip a beat when Greg actually sits down to do it. He rushes me to do it, but he won't actually do it. do you read the comments?
June....July.....August.... Did you forgot your password again????
Hi Travis...
We to have entered the blogging world...or a great way for me to actually keep a journal. Your family is adorable! Say hi to Jen!
Josh is loving P90X.
Hope to chat soon!
Jenn
It's September! Certainly you have done something over the summer that is worth posting about.
Post a Comment