Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Be quiet already!!!!






I'm just telling you all that the months of June, July, August, September, October, and November are all way, way overrated. December is where it's at and that is why I am now deciding to post. Let's see... a few things have happened over the past few months...most of you who are viewing this already know all about them so it is redundant but oh well...it is our history.




In July, Jen and the kids went to Utah while I went to Indonesia. She spent 24th with family and attended a family reunion with her aunts, cousins, and grandma. I spent two weeks in Indonesia surfing my brains out and pretty much having the time of my life. It was heaven and I can't wait to go back.








In the fall, the kids went back to school. Drew started a new school, the "University" of Littleton. Actually, it's Littleton Academy but it feels like he is in college...at least Jen feels like she is back in college with the work load that he brings home each night. The girls are in 2nd and 4th grade respectively and doing well.








Megan was baptized. It was an awesome day with nearly all the family in attendance. I have to say how awesome it is to have all of my family within driving distance. What's more awesome is that we all like each other and look forward to getting together for special days like this. Megan shined...she was really ready for her baptism and felt the spirit of her decision.








Last month, my mom came out to Denver to watch our kids while Jen and I went to Cabo San Lucas to attend the wedding of her brother Mike. It was awesome to get away (no offense kids) and to relax and get to know some of Jen's friends from high school. It was a nice wedding at a resort on the beach...the highlight was watching Bev and Dick dance. It was a fun night to see everyone enjoy themselves and let go a bit.








Thanksgiving...it was a great day and it was a day to reflect on all that we have been blessed with. I am so thankful for my family. Jen is the love of my life and I am more in love with her now than I was when we were married 15 years ago. I have awesome kids that keep me on my toes and amaze me how much they teach me. I have brothers and sisters and parents who I love and who's company I truly enjoy. I have in-laws that are not "in-laws", they're just family who I love dearly. I have friends, the gospel, etc, etc.....I could go on an on. We spent the day with Alex and Cynthia and their little boys. It was relaxing and we enjoyed a nice meal and laid around all afternoon and into the evening. Life is good...








Ok...I think I've brought you all up to speed....see you next December.








5 comments:

the coltons said...

okay, i could not believe my eyes when i saw that you guys had posted. i have the blog list that shows when people last posted - i knew there was one that said 4 hours ago but i could not believe it was you!!! way to go, trav! and nice call on trying to say the other months are overrated :) now you've posted, keep going!

Cynthia said...

Nice job! You have redeem yourself with this great post.

Johanna said...

Woohoo! A post from the "Original Cottles". I enjoyed the update and the pictures!

The Guiness Family said...

I really enjoyed the pictures. Keep posting pictures at least. We don't get to see you much. We would love to come see you here hopefully in the not so distant future. We love you and your family (all of them)!

winspears said...

It was fun to see what you guys have been doing! We'd love to visit with you again! Send our love to everyone!