Monday, April 28, 2008

FUNNY THINGS SAID

The other day we were talking about the Megan and Kali and their dance class. I asked them why I never get to see any of their moves. I asked, 'why don't you show me some of the things you are learning for your talent show?' Megan didn't even hesitate in her answer, "Because, dad, we don't want to let the cat out of the bag!" It was pretty cute that she not only knew that saying but knew exactly how to use it.

Megan was laying on my chest the other day and looked at my chin up close and said with alarm, "Dad, you have splinters in your chin!" I guess I need to shave, eh.

On Saturday when I received a new calling, I was explaining to the kids what my calling was and we were discussing what I would be doing. Without notice, Kali started tearing up and then huge, alligator tears started dripping down her cheek followed by sobs. I held her and asked her what was wrong? Through her tears, she said, "Now I don't get to sit next to you in Sacrament meeting." It broke my heart. Every Sunday, Jen and I sit next to each other and the kids take turns in the coveted spot-"next-to-dad." I guess they like me for something.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Megan is already mastering the art of good one liners (one I have never had I always mess them up). Tell Kali that we are thankful for her sacrifice to now be able to look at your pretty face every Sunday.

Cynthia said...

Time for a new post guys!!!